Thursday, May 13, 2010

Receiving God's Life • Galatians 3

 
 
"...only crazy people would think 
they could complete by their own efforts 
what was begun by God."
 
Galatians 3:3


"Answer this question: 
Does the God who lavishly provides 
you with his own presence, his Holy Spirit, 
working things in your lives you 
could never do for yourselves, 
does he do these things because of 
your strenuous moral striving or 
because you trust him to do them in you?" 
 
Galatians 3:5


"The person who lives in right 
relationship with God does it 
by embracing what God arranges for him. 
Doing things for God is the opposite of 
entering into what God does for you."
 
Galatians 3:11




It's too good to be true, isn't it?

But it is true.

Salvation

Forgiveness

Eternal Life

Real Life

It's all mine for the taking!

There is absolutely nothing 
I can do on my own 
to get what You have given me.

I just have to respond, accept, 
to live on the basis of
what You say You will do.

Trust

Believing that You will work 
out in me what You have already begun.

Living by my own effort, 
apart from You
guarantees failure.
You set me right. 

I live in right relationship with You
by embracing what 
You arrange for me.

I receive Your life through belief.

I continue in Your life,
in real life,
by belief.

No rules, no strivings,
nothing can achieve for me
what simple belief can.

Thank you, Jesus! 

I choose to enter into what
You have done for me.

Please show me any way 
that I am trying to 
live by the law in my life, 
trying to earn what You have 
given freely.

I want real life.


No comments: