Monday, May 17, 2010

Live Creatively • Galatians 6

 (Painting by Gracie)

Live creatively, friends. 

Galatians 6:1

 •

Make a careful exploration of who you are a
nd the work you have been given, 
and then sink yourself into that. 
Don't be impressed with yourself. 
Don't compare yourself with others. 
Each of you must take responsibility for doing 
the creative best you can with your own life. 

Galatians 6:4-5
 •

For my part, I am going to boast about nothing 
but the Cross of our Master, Jesus Christ. 
Because of that Cross, 
I have been crucified in relation to the world, 
set free from the stifling atmosphere 
of pleasing others and fitting into 
the little patterns that they dictate. 
Can't you see the central issue in all this? 
It is not what you and I do—s
ubmit to circumcision, reject circumcision. 
It is what God is doing, 
and he is creating something totally new, a free life! 
All who walk by this standard are the true Israel of God—
his chosen people. Peace and mercy on them! 

Galatians 6:14-16


Breathing in deep all that You are.

You are the Creator.
I have been made in Your image.
Your Spirit dwells within me.

You want me to be creative.
To take what You have given me,
who You have made me to be
and live in creative freedom as You
lead me throughout my life.

Oh how sad it must make You
when we cower in our little boxes,
being restricted by rules You did not
give us, shunning people
for mistakes they have made,
instead of lifting them up in love.

You are so gentle and patient with me.
Help me to be that way with those
You have placed in my life.
Graciously building into their lives,
helping them carry their burdens, and
gently correcting them when they go astray.

You have made me unique, special,
with my own journey to take as I follow You.
Help me not compare myself to others,
but to stay focused on You and what You
have for me to do.

You are at work in me!
You are creating a new life in me,
around me, through me.

Thank you, Jesus!

No comments: