Monday, May 3, 2010

For Such a Time • Esther 4



 
"If you persist in staying silent at a time like this,
help and deliverance will arrive for the Jews 
from someplace else; but you and your family 
will be wiped out. Who knows? 
Maybe you were made queen 
for just such a time as this." 
 
Esther 4:14

 
 "Go and get all the Jews living in Susa together.
Fast for me. Don't eat or drink for three days, 
either day or night. I and my maids will fast with you.
If you will do this, I'll go to the king, 
even though it's forbidden. If I die, I die." 
 
Esther 4:15-16



God's will will be done.
Sometimes He calls me to do something 
very specific, just for me to do.
For such a time....

But I have a choice.
To follow and obey or to stay and 
accept the consequences of disobedience.

His will will be done.

I do not have to walk the road
of obedience alone.

Just as Esther called for the Jews of Susa
to join her and her maids in fasting,
I have surrounding me members of The Body
who can join me in prayer, fasting and encouragement.

Thank You, Father, that what You 
set out to do will be done. 
You are all powerful! You are the mighty God! 
Thank You that You will do 
what You say You will do. 
Thank You for allowing me to be used by You
in the accomplishment of Your will. 
Thank You for the support of The Body,
that I am never alone. 
Help me to remember to share 
what You are doing in my life with others 
and to seek their support as I follow You in obedience.

No comments: