Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Personal and Free • Galatians 2



What actually took place is this: 
I tried keeping rules and working my head off 
to please God, and it didn't work. 
So I quit being a "law man" so that 
I could be God's man. 
Christ's life showed me how, 
and enabled me to do it. 
I identified myself completely with him. 
Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. 
My ego is no longer central. 
It is no longer important that I appear righteous 
before you or have your good opinion, 
and I am no longer driven to impress God. 
Christ lives in me. 
The life you see me living is not "mine," 
but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, 
who loved me and gave himself for me. 
I am not going to go back on that.
Galatians 2:19-21



In Christ alone
my hope is found.

Rules are a false foundation
that seem so good and strong.

But who is able to completely
live by and abide by them
all the time?

Jesus, You truly have done it all.

You came and so simply and plainly
demonstrated how to live.

You did only what You
saw the Father doing.

You did only what He
told You to do.

The words You spoke
were His words.

You lived in constant
contact and fellowship
with the Father.

You stood trial in my place,
and accepted the sentence of death
in my place.

You gave Your life
for mine
as payment for my sin.

And then, You broke the power
of sin and death
through Your resurrection!

Through Your life,
I can now truly live.

Christ in me.

Personal and free
I live in faith in You.

Rules bring death,
faith in You brings
a living relationship with God.

Remove from my life
any way that I may be
trying to rely on the law
to improve myself, to impress You.

In Christ alone,
my hope is found.

No comments: