Monday, May 31, 2010

Not My Ways • Habakkuk 1



"Brace yourself for a shock. 
Something's about to take place and 
you're going to find it hard to believe. 
I'm about to raise up Babylonians to punish you." 

Habakkuk 1:5-6a



Oh Mighty God!

You are all powerful!
You are high and lifted up!

Your ways are not my ways.
You are completely original
in all that you say and do.

Thank you that I can come to You
and bring my confusion, my questions,
my lack of understanding.

You do not turn me away,
You do not turn me back to dust.

You tell me only what I need to know.

In Your mighty hand, even "big and powerful"
Babylon became a useful tool, bent and conformed
to Your will. Used as You saw fit.

Humbly I bow before You.
In awe, I kneel at Your feet.



"I don't think the way you think. 
The way you work isn't the way I work." 
God's Decree. 
"For as the sky soars high about the earth, 
so the way I work surpasses the way you work, 
and the way I think is beyond the way you think." 

Isaiah 55:8-9


"Safe?" said Mr. Beaver."Who said anything about safe? 
'Course he isn't safe. But he's good. He's the King, I tell you."

— C.S. Lewis (The Chronicles of Narnia)


No comments: