Friday, May 28, 2010

Bare Faced • James 5



Friends, don't complain about each other. 
A far greater complaint could be 
lodged against you, you know. 
The Judge is standing just around the corner. 
 
James 5:9


Make this your common practice: 
Confess your sins to each other and 
pray for each other so that you can 
live together whole and healed.
The prayer of a person living right with God 
is something powerful to be reckoned with. 
 
James 5:16



We all walk in human skin.
Bearing the reality of the Fall within our very core.

How quickly logs sprout up in my eyes.

Seeing you through the forest of my own failings,
I choose to focus on yours.

I will stand one day before the Judge of our Hearts
not for what you have done, but for what is mine alone.

I cannot walk beside you
if I hold myself above you.

Tearing away the mask,
I can show you the reality in my life.

I am no better than you.

Walking together, bare faced,
we can lift each other up when we fall.

Together we walk in the Light
toward the Home of our hearts.

No comments: