Friday, April 30, 2010

Esther's Beauty • Esther 2



Hegai liked Esther and took a special interest in her. 
Right off he started her beauty treatments, 
ordered special food, assigned her seven personal maids 
from the palace, and put her and her maids 
in the best rooms in the harem. 
Esther didn't say anything about her family
and racial background because 
Mordecai had told her not to. 
Every day Mordecai strolled beside the court 
of the harem to find out how Esther was 
and get news of what she was doing. 
 
Esther 2:9-11



There was something about her.

Something more than a beautiful face, an alluring smile.

In the midst of thousands of the nation's Top Virgins
she stood out.

She was the one.

From deep within her beauty radiated forth
shining for all to see.

No health spa or oil treatments, 
sea weed wraps or hair extensions 
could make what she had possible.
 


The woman to be admired and praised 
is the woman who lives in the Fear-of-God.
 
Proverbs 31:30
 


Living in the Fear-of-God. That is where true beauty and worth is found.

Knowing who You are.

Giving back to You all that I am, all that You made me to be.

Following wherever You lead me.

Honoring You will all that I say and do.

Leaving behind self-seeking, self-centeredness, self.

I give my life to You.

Teach me to live in the Fear-of-God.

You are the beauty that I seek.

No comments: