Monday, April 5, 2010

Life-Light • John 1



The Life-Light blazed out of the darkness; 
the darkness couldn't put it out. 
John 1:5



Jesus took one look up and said, "You're John's son, Simon?
From now on you name is Cephas"
(or Peter, which means "Rock"). 
John 1:42



Jesus, You know me - the true me - my child-of-God self. 

 •
 
But whoever did want Him,
who believed He was who He claimed
and would do what He said,
He made to be their true selves,
their child-of-God selves.
These are the God-begotten,
not blood-begotten, not flesh-begotten.  
John 1:11-13
 


You know who I am and what my true name is. 
In You I find safety and comfort and wholeness. 
Thank You, Jesus! 
You are my Life and Light. 
Though the darkness around me tries
to put out Your Light or block it out – it cannot. 
Blaze over me, in me, through me Life-Light!
Show me who You are.

 
No one has ever see God, not so much as a glimpse. 
This one-of-a-kind God-Expression, 
who exists at the very heart of the Father, 
has made Him plain as day.
John 1:18


Please show me who I am. 
Teach me to follow You and bring others to You.
Thank You for becoming flesh
and moving into the neighborhood. (John 1:14)
You are the Glory of the One and Only – 
You are the One and Only!

No comments: