Monday, April 26, 2010

Looking Up



I look up to the mountains;
does my strength come from mountains?
   No, my strength comes from God,
      who made heaven, and earth, and mountains.
He won't let you stumble,
      your Guardian God won't fall asleep.
   Not on your life! Israel's
      Guardian will never doze or sleep. 

Psalm 121:1-4

Come to me. Get away with me
and you'll recover your life. 
I'll show you how to take a real rest. 
Walk with me and work with me—
watch how I do it. 
Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. 
I won't lay anything heavy 
or ill-fitting on you. 
Keep company with me 
and you'll learn to live 
freely and lightly.

Matthew 11:27-29 


Why would you ever complain, O Jacob,
   or, whine, Israel, saying,
"God has lost track of me.
   He doesn't care what happens to me"?
Don't you know anything? Haven't you been listening?
God doesn't come and go. God lasts.
   He's Creator of all you can see or imagine.
He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath.
   And he knows everything, inside and out.
He energizes those who get tired,
   gives fresh strength to dropouts.
For even young people tire and drop out,
   young folk in their prime stumble and fall.
But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.
   They spread their wings and soar like eagles,
They run and don't get tired,
   they walk and don't lag behind.

Isaiah 40:27-31


Lord, I am so thankful that 
You want me to come to You.

You know right where I am. 

How I feel deep inside. 

You know what is getting in the way 
between You and I.

You see what I can't.

So, I come to You.

For some reason even though I seem
to be doing all the right things, 
I feel disconnected from You.

I don't feel the same joy and energy
I've been experiencing. 

Is it just hormones? 
Or lack of sleep?

Is it something more?

Please lift my chin,
clear my eyes.
Show me what only You 
can see. 



Investigate my life, O God,
      find out everything about me;
   Cross-examine and test me,
      get a clear picture of what I'm about;
   See for yourself whether I've done anything wrong—
      then guide me on the road to eternal life. 

Psalm 139:23-24


God, make a fresh start in me,
      shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life.
   Don't throw me out with the trash,
      or fail to breathe holiness in me.
   Bring me back from gray exile,
      put a fresh wind in my sails! 

Psalm 51:10-12


My heart has heard You say, 
"Come and talk with Me."
And my heart responds, 
"Lord, I am coming."

Psalm 27:8

No comments: