Wednesday, April 21, 2010

At Home • John 15




"Live in Me. Make your home in me just as I do in you."
John 15:4


"I am the Vine, you are the branches.
When you're joined with me and I with you, 
the relation intimate and organic,
the harvest is sure to be abundant. 
Separated, you can't produce a thing."
John 15:5 




"But if you make yourselves at home
with Me and My words are at home
in you, you can be sure that whatever 
you ask will be listened to 
and acted upon."
 John 15:7


 


"I've loved you the way 
My Father has loved Me. 
Make yourselves at home in My love.
If you keep my commands, 
you'll remain intimately
at home in My love.
That's what I've done – 
kept my Father's commands and
made Myself at home in His love."
John 15:9-10


Jesus, You are my true home.

You are the Source of all that is Living
and True and Right.

When I am living in You 
You are living in Me.
The sap of Your life runs through
my veins, pumping life –
pure and fertile.

You give me all I need
to live, to pass life on.
Your Words of life dwell not only
on a page, they have settled 
deep in my heart and mind.

Help me to listen, to hear, to do.
You give me the desire to do
and the energy to fulfill 
Your life-giving, love producing will.
 
Take the taste for death from my mouth.
Pull the roots of bitterness and pride.
Within me they crave destruction.
They blind my eyes to life and truth.

Clinging tight to You,
I will drink deep of the life You give.


No comments: