Monday, April 12, 2010

What's Real • John 7




"The world has nothing against you,
but it's up in arms against me.
It's against me because I expose
the evil behind its pretensions.

John 7:7


"A person making things up tries
to make himself look good. 
But someone trying to honor the one
who sent him sticks to the facts
and doesn't tamper with reality."

John 7:17

"Don't be nitpickers;
use your head – and heart! – 
to discern what is right, 
to test what is authentically right."

John 7:24


"My true origin is the One who sent me,
and you don't know Him at all.
I come from Him – 
that's how I know Him. 
He sent me here."

John 7:29 






"If anyone  thirsts, let him
come to me and drink.
Rivers of living water will brim
and spill out of the depths
of anyone who believes in me
this way, just as the Scripture says."

John 7:37-38



Lord, thank You that You are real. 

I don't have to question
if you are hiding or putting up a front.

You are Truth.

You are Light.

You want me to know You.

So you do not hide.

You reveal.

You are the source of Living Water.

You are the source of all that gives life.

Forgive me for nitpicking instead of trusting.

Thank you for patiently waiting for me
as I grow in faith and trust in You.

No comments: