Friday, April 16, 2010

My Perspective or Yours? • John 11



When Jesus got the message, He said,
"This sickness is not fatal.
It will become an occasion
to show God's glory 
by glorifying God's Son."

John 11:4


He said these things, and then announced,
"Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep.
I'm going to wake him up." 
Jesus was talking about death,
while his disciples thought
He was talking about taking a nap.

John 11:11, 13


How often, Lord, am I totally missing
what You are clearly saying to me?

How often am I so caught up with
what I think is going on
that I forget to stop
and get Your perspective on things?

You, who knows all things.

I can talk to You any time, any place.

You hear me when I call out to You.

You want me to come and 
talk with You. (Psalm 27:8)

You want to help me understand
and know what is going on.
(Jeremiah 33:3)

You are all powerful!

You are able to do way more 
than I could ever think or imagine!
(Ephesians 3:20)

And yet, too often, I wander around
stuck in my earthy perspective
seeing only dead ends, problems, 
sickness, death. 
(John 11:21, 32, 39b)

My solutions are temporary.
"A good nap will do the trick!"
(John 11:12-13)




Your solutions are eternal!

You are Life!


"You don't have to wait for the End.
I am, right now, Resurrection and Life.
The one who believes in Me,
even though he or she dies, will live.
and everyone who lives believing in Me
does not ultimately die at all. 
Do you believe this?"

John 11:25-26

No comments: