Thursday, April 22, 2010

Unshakable and Assured • John 16




"This is what I want you to do:
Ask the Father for whatever is
keeping with the things I've revealed
to you. Ask in my name, according to my will,
and He'll most certainly give it to you. 
Your joy will be a river over flowing its banks!"

John 16:23-24


"Now we know that You know
everything – it all comes
together in You."

John 16:30


"I've told you all this so that trusting
me, you will be unshakable and assured,
deeply at peace. In this godless world
you will continue to experience
difficulties. But take heart!
I've conquered the world!"

John 16:33




You know me inside and out.

You have not left me to stumble around
in the dark, to find my own way.
You know everything. 
You illuminate my way with 
Your light and truth.

Deep inside the Counselor-Friend
translates Your way to my soul.

Life with You is not a guessing game.
It is not smoke and mirrors or 
pie in the sky.
 
Struggles and trials will come.
Mountains to climb and 
dark valleys to maneuver.

These are not a surprise.
You said they would be there. 

I am not alone in the midst of 
the deep water, the ground shaking,
the tempest, the fire-storm.

Trust in You 
makes me unshakable and assured.
Deep peace and joy unspeakable 
wells up as I release my grasp
on my life, this world – 
on what I see with these eyes made of dirt –
and place it all in the hands 
of the One who has overcome the world.

No comments: