Saturday, April 24, 2010

Not the World's Kind of King • John 18


"My kingdom," said Jesus, 
"doesn't consist of what you see around you. 
If it did, my followers would fight 
so that I wouldn't be handed over to the Jews. 
But I'm not that kind of king, 
not the world's kind of king." 

Then Pilate said, "So, are you a king or not?" 

   Jesus answered, "You tell me. Because I am King,
I was born and entered the world 
so that I could witness to the truth. 
Everyone who cares for truth, 
who has any feeling for the truth, 
recognizes my voice." 

John 18:36-37


You weren't the king they expected.

No armies marched around You.
No trumpets announced Your arrival.

Truth. 

Love.

Mercy.

Grace.

Humility.

Dependence. 

King of the unseen kingdom.

Leading by serving.
Commanding by demonstration.
Living out what we are to become.

Hiding behind rules and systems they refused 
to see what that You were the fulfillment of 
all that was said to come.

Line by line Your life came from
words written long ago, the blueprints
for Your kingdom.

Those who have been burned by the Lie,
those who hunger for the truth
see who You are,
and are welcomed in to help build 
Your kingdom.

No comments: