Tuesday, June 8, 2010

True Friends • Ecclesiastes 4




 
It's better to have a partner than to go it alone.
Share the work, share the wealth.
And if one falls down the other helps,
But if there's no one to help, tough!

Two in a bed warm each other.
Alone you shiver all night.
By yourself you're unprotected.
With a friend you can face the worst.
Can you round up a third?
A three-stranded rope isn't easily snapped.
 
Ecclesiastes 4:4:9-12



Just this morning I have been reminded the priceless 
value of a true friend. I have a true friend 
who's desire is always for my best. 
And that is to take my hand in the midst of a trial,
in the midst of confusion, in the midst of sin, 
in the midst of pain and 
walk with me to the Throne of Grace. 
Together, we enter into the presence 
of our Lord and Savior and together we hear 
His voice and are changed by His grace and mercy.

 
"Turn your eyes upon Jesus. 
Look full in His wonderful face. 
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim 
in the light of His glory and grace!"
 
Thank You, Father for the friends 
you have placed in my life who walk this road 
with me and walk with me to You. 
Sometimes they drag me kicking and screaming, 
sometimes they patiently wait and pray 
as they quietly point me to the Cross. 
Thank You for the power and blessing of 
believing friends who so enrich my life. 
Thank You for the love, acceptance and 
understanding that You are growing between us. 
In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: