Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Igniting Kingdom Life • Luke 3


 
"It's your life that must change, not your skin." 
 
from Luke 3:8

 
"What counts is your life. 
Is it green and blossoming?
Because if it is deadwood, it goes on the fire." 
 
Luke 3:9

 
"I'm baptizing you here in the river. 
The main character in this drama, 
to whom I'm a mere stage hand, 
will ignite the kingdom life, a fire, 
the Holy Spirit within you, 
changing you from the inside out. 
He's going to clean house — 
make a clean sweep of your lives. 
He'll place everything true 
in its proper place before God; 
everything false he'll put out 
with the trash to be burned."
 
Luke 3:16-17



You came to bring Life,
to ignite a Fire that consumes all that is dead,
to wash us clean, removing all this is impure
all that separates us from You.

You change completely,
removing all that is false,
all that brings death.

Green and growing,
thriving with abundance.

Full and overflowing,
sustaining and fresh.

Baptize me in the River of Life.
Wash me clean.
Fill me with Your Life.
Ignite Your Fire in my soul.

No comments: