Thursday, July 29, 2010

Choosing the Wilderness



Just a few more thoughts that I had on Daniel 4. :-)

Wouldn't it be great if all it took to turn us away from our sin was a warning? 
But far too often, we hang on needing to go through 
the wilderness of despair until we see the damage being done 
and finally we let go of it, smash it to bits, 
turn from it and run to God.

Nebuchadnezzar had a wildly vivid dream, 
had his top advisor and Godly man Daniel 
come and interpret it for him, had a clearly laid out warning 
regarding his sin and what to do, and still, he hung on.

Fortunately for him, God is true to His Word.

Seven years out in the wilderness. 
Living like a wild animal, eating grass, crazy as a loon.... 
and then he turned and worshiped God.

Oh that all it took was a warning, a dream, 
an insight from a friend, a whisper from the Holy Spirit!

Oh Father, soften my heart. 
Give me a hatred, a complete and 
thorough hatred for sin, so that I will not even allow it near me. 
Fill me with love for You, draw me close, 
help me to see that You are all I need.

No comments: