Monday, July 5, 2010

Changing My Audience • Luke 11


 "Here's what I'm saying:
Ask and you'll get;
Seek and you'll find;
Knock and the door will open.

"Don't bargain with God. Be direct. 
Ask for what you need. This is not a cat-and-mouse, 
hide-and-seek game we're in."

Luke 11:9-10



I had read chapter 11 this morning and was writing 
down many verses that were jumping out as I read, 
but was unable to spend any more time on writing out a share. 
And now I see why.

After spending some time over coffee with a 
couple of dear friends, I realized that there are at least 
a few things in my life that I need to be seeking God's direction on. 
There are also some needs that I need to bring before Him as well.

This evening I found myself wishing that I could talk 
with a very dear friend and have her tell me what she thinks 
God wants me to do in a certain area of my life.

What?

I could almost hear God chuckle as He 
reminded me of the verses in Luke 11 
that I read this morning.

I need to do the work of asking, seeking, knocking. 
I need to have the faith that He is listening 
and that He will answer and provide 
for each and every need that I have.

Instead of walking around thinking about my questions 
and my needs, I just need to change my audience! 
I am a daughter of the King of Kings! 
I have direct access to the ear of God! 
I can simply ask for what I need, 
and know that He will answer. 
He's not into playing games, 
or making me hunt down His will for me. 
He loves me! He has my best in His will!

Thank You, Lord!

No comments: