Friday, October 29, 2010

Psalm 62



Only God can save me,
   and I calmly wait for him.  
 God alone is the mighty rock 
that keeps me safe
   and the fortress
   where I am secure. 

    I feel like a shaky fence
   or a sagging wall.
   How long will all of you
   attack and assault me?
   You want to bring me down
   from my place of honor.
   You love to tell lies,
   and when your words are kind,
   hatred hides in your heart. 

  Only God gives inward peace,
   and I depend on him.
  God alone is the mighty rock
   that keeps me safe,
   and he is the fortress
   where I feel secure.
   God saves me and honors me.
   He is that mighty rock
   where I find safety. 

 Trust God, my friends,
   and always tell him
   each one of your concerns.
   God is our place of safety. 

    We humans are only a breath;
   none of us are truly great.
   All of us together weigh less
   than a puff of air.
   Don't trust in violence
   or depend on dishonesty
   or rely on great wealth.

  I heard God say two things:
   "I am powerful,
 and I am very kind."
   The Lord rewards each of us
   according to what we do. 

Psalm 62 cev

No comments: