Monday, October 11, 2010

The Unadorned Clay Pots of Our Ordinary Lives

"Remember, our Message is not about ourselves,
we're proclaiming Jesus Christ, the Master.
All we are is messengers, errand runners from Jesus for you. 
It started when God said, 'Light up the darkness!' 
and our lives filled up with light as we saw and understood
God in the face of Christ, all bright and beautiful."

2 Corinthians 4:5-6 msg




"If you only look at us, you might well miss the brightness.
We carry this precious Message around in 
the  unadorned clay pots of our ordinary lives.
That's to prevent anyone from confusing God's
incomparable power with us.
As it is, there's not much chance of that."

2 Corinthians 4:7 msg




Shine through, Lord! 

Don't let us miss Your brightness!

Thank You that You use
my ordinary, walking around,
in and out, daily life.

Shine through my cracks Lord,
so that all those around will see You in me.

Help me to remember that my 
ordinary life is a vessel
for Your immense and incomparable power.



"we're not sure what to do, 
but we know that 
God knows what to do."

2 Corinthians 4:8 msg


I am weak,
but You are strong!




"So we're not giving up. How could we!
Even though on the outside it often looks like 
things are falling apart on us,
on the inside, where God is making new life,
not a day goes by without His unfolding grace.
These hard times are small potatoes compared 
to the coming good times, the lavish celebration 
prepared for us. There's far more here than meets the eye.
The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow.
But the things we can't see now 
will last forever."

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 msg





Lord, help me to see as You see.
You look not on the outward appearance
but what is going on inside.

So often, I am ready to give up.
It can seem so hard.

Help me to remember that 
You do Your best work deep down
on the inside where no one else can see.

Help me to grasp on to the moments of 
unfolding grace that You cause daily in my life.

You are here!
You are making new life.

Help me to press on,
looking forward to what is to come.



1 comment:

Judy Herrema said...

/Christa,
This is so good! What a blessing it is to me! So comforting, the truth of our Father!

Thanks for your insight.

Love
Mom