Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wide-Open, Spacious Life



Dear, dear Corinthians, I can't tell you how much I long 
for you to enter this wide-open, spacious life. 
We didn't fence you in. 
The smallness you feel comes from within you. 
Your lives aren't small, but you're living them in a small way. 
I'm speaking as plainly as I can and with great affection. 
Open up your lives. Live openly and expansively! 

2 Corinthians 6:11-13 msg

It starts deep within.

A feeling.

A dark whisper.

Tightening, clenching,
closing up, 
drawing me within.

Eyes that see only me,
ears hear only despair,
mouth spouts complaints.

So much life
dances all around me,
before me,
within me.

You are here.
You are longing for me to call to You.

You have offered Your hand.
I lift mine to Yours.

Yes, I will join You in the dance.



"Companions as we in this work with you,
we beg you, please don't squander one bit
of this marvelous life God has given us.
God reminds us,
'I heard your call in the nick of time;
the day you needed me, 
I was there to help.'
Well, now is the right time to listen, 
the day to be helped."

2 Corinthians 6:1-2 msg


God himself put it this way:

   "I'll live in them, move into them;
      I'll be their God and they'll be my people.
   So leave the corruption and compromise;
      leave it for good," says God.
   "Don't link up with those who will pollute you.
      I want you all for myself.
   I'll be a Father to you;
      you'll be sons and daughters to me."
   The Word of the Master, God. 

2 Corinthians 6:16-18 msg


No comments: