Wednesday, October 27, 2010

THIS I call to mind



Just thinking of my troubles
and my lonely wandering
makes me miserable.
That's all I ever think about,
and I am depressed.

Lamentations 3:19-20 cev


I rehearse it over and over—
my troubles
my complaints
the worries run circles.

Darkness falls.

Yes, it is bad.
It is all I see.

I am sinking.




But there's one other thing I remember,
   and remembering, I keep a grip on hope: 

Lamentations 3:21 msg



In the midst of the 
whirling of my mind
I stop and choose to 
look up.


The LORD's kindness never fails!
   If He had not been merciful,
   we would have been destroyed. 
 The LORD can always be trusted
   to show mercy each morning.
    Deep in my heart I say,
   "The LORD is all I need;
   I can depend on him!"

Lamentations 3:22-24 cev 




Shhhh! Quiet down, you crazy thoughts!
Remember what is true!




God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits,
   to the woman who diligently seeks.
It's a good thing to quietly hope,
   quietly hope for help from God.
It's a good thing when you're young
   to stick it out through the hard times.
When life is heavy and hard to take,
   go off by yourself. Enter the silence.
Bow in prayer. Don't ask questions:
   Wait for hope to appear.
Don't run from trouble. Take it full-face.
   The "worst" is never the worst. 

Lamentations 3:25-30 msg



Instead, we should think
   about the way we are living,
   and turn back to the LORD.
   When we lift our hands
   in prayer to God in heaven,
   we should offer him our hearts 

Lamentations 3:40-41 cev



From the bottom of the pit,
I prayed to you, LORD.
I begged you to listen.
"Help!" I shouted. "Save me!"
You answered my prayer
and came when I was in need.
   You told me, "Don't worry!"
You rescued me
and saved my life.
You saw them abuse me, LORD,
so make things right.

Lamentations 3:55-59 cev
 

No comments: