Thursday, October 14, 2010

Driven by Distress

"Now I am glad — not that you were upset, 
but that you were jarred into turning things around.
You let the distress bring you to God, 
not drive you from Him.
The result was all gain, no loss."

2 Corinthians 7:9 msg


"Distress that drives to God does that.
It turns us around.
It gets us back in the way of salvation.
We never regret that kind of pain."

2 Corinthians 7:10 msg



Teach me to always run 
to You.

Pain, discomfort, discontent
drives me to move.

I choose where I go.

Do I believe the lies,
and blame You?
Do I harden my heart,
and run away from You,
deepening the gaping wounds?

or

Do I listen to the whispers of truth,
 and choose to remember what You have done,
Do I walk into the light,
and let Your arms wrap around me,
soothing my wounds,
healing my hurts?

Running to You never brings regret.

You take what is broken 
and make something new.



And now, isn't it wonderful
all the ways in which this distress
has goaded you closer to God?
You're more alive, more concerned,
more sensitive, more reverent, more human,
more passionate, more responsible.
Looked at from any angle,
you've come out of this with purity of heart.

2 Corinthians 7:11 msg

No comments: