Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Keeping Going



This morning, I woke up and just felt off.

I had a quiet house, I had time, 
I had my Bible, my ipod...
all the usual things in place 
for my time with the Lord. 

But I just felt so unable.

I went through the motions
and had an OK quiet time.
But as I read from 2 Corinthians 5
nothing was coming off the page,
I just wasn't hearing anything.




Later, I was out and had a few minutes
so I pulled up the same passage on my ipod.

As I read, I realized, just how off I had been earlier.

And verses were jumping out,
speaking to my heart and even making me laugh.

Later, in the van, I was heading back home
and Chris Fabry was on the radio.
He was talking about God's love for us.

Ever so quietly I felt God whisper to me
"I love you, Christa.
I knew you were feeling off this morning.
I want you to be real with me when you come before me.
You don't have to go through the motions.
Just come and be with me,
I'll meet you where you are."

Oh how He loves me!




"That's why we live with such good cheer. 
You won't see us drooping our heads or dragging our feet!
Cramped conditions here don't get us down. 
They only remind us of the spacious living conditions ahead.
It's what we trust in but don't see that keeps us going."


2 Corinthians 5:6-7 msg


These verses are such a gift from Him!

You see, I live in a small house.
A really, small house.

With 6 other people.

I had to laugh when I read this with my fresh eyes.

God knows that I am usually content
with what He has given us,
but there are moments and sometimes days
when I give in to grumbling
and let it get me down.

But this world is not the end!
This little house, is not all I have.

I have a home, an eternal home,
wide, open space,
room to spread out and wave my arms in worship.

As Larry Norman said,
"This world is not my home, I'm just passing through."
 
Once again, I am reminded that
when I am feeling "off",
when I am letting things get me down,
my focus needs to change.




I need to look up.

No comments: