Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Teaching the Crowd



Once again, Jesus went 
to the shore of Lake Galilee.
A large crowd gathered around him, 
and he taught them.

Mark 2:13 cev 




As I read Mark 2 today
the verses above seemed to tug
at me more than any other.

"Father, what do you want me to 
learn from these verses?"
I asked in my heart.

"Feed my sheep."

It popped into my brain
as clear as day.

I can relate to wanting to take a quiet walk by the lake
and being followed around by a crowd.

What do I teach them?
How do I teach them?




Write these commandments that I've given 
you today on your hearts. Get them inside of you 
and then get them inside your children. 
Talk about them wherever you are, 
sitting at home or walking in the street; 
talk about them from the time you get up in the morning 
to when you fall into bed at night. 
Tie them on your hands and foreheads as a reminder; 
inscribe them on the doorposts of your homes and on your city gates.

Deuteronomy 6:6-9 msg



Father, I am so humbled by this responsibility 
I have been given. I confess that I have not 
been as purposeful as I could be about 
teaching my kids about You.

Please fill me up with You,
so that I have Words of Life to give them.

Please teach me how to teach them.
I want it to be so natural that You 
are part of our daily, every day conversations. 

This is part of my dream,
to have my kids know You, love You and follow You
with their whole hearts and lives.

This is my heart's desire.

Trust the LORD and live right!
   The land will be yours,
   and you will be safe.
    Do what the LORD wants,
   and he will give you
   your heart's desire.
   Let the LORD lead you
   and trust him to help.
   Then it will be as clear
   as the noonday sun
   that you were right.
  Be patient and trust the LORD. 

Psalm 37:3-7 cev

No comments: