Friday, November 26, 2010

Deciding How to Live



When everything was hopeless, Abraham believed anyway,
deciding to live not on the basis of what he saw
he couldn't do but on what God said He would do.

Romans 4:18 msg


Abraham was certain that God could do
what He had promised.

Romans 4:21 cev


There has never been the slightest doubt
in my mind that the God who started
this great work in you
would keep at it and bring it to 
a flourishing finish on the very day
Christ Jesus appears. 

Philippians 1:6 msg


No, we neither make nor save ourselves.
God does both the making and saving.
He creates each of us by Christ Jesus
to join Him in the work He does,
the good work He has gotten ready for us to do,
work we had better be doing.

Ephesians 2:10 msg




It comes so easy:
the despair
the overwhelmed feeling
the dullness. 

Looking down,
looking around,
looking within,
all is lacking.

It is so easy to see.

What is not seen is real.
It is solid,
it is what I can depend on.

I must decide how I will live,
each day,
each moment.

I am not the source,
You are.
You created me.
You saved me.
You gave me work to do.
You do the work in me
and through me.

Only You can make
something out of nothing,
speak life into death.

So I decide to look up,
to trust,
to believe.

No comments: