Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Embracing This God-Life



Jesus was matter-of-fact: "Embrace this God-life.
Really embrace it, and nothing will be too much for you."
"That's why I urge you to pray for absolutely everything,
ranging from small to large. 
Include everything as you embrace this God-life,
and you'll get God's everything. 
And when you assume the posture of prayer,
remember that it's not all asking.
If you have anything against someone,
forgive — only then will your heavenly Father
be inclined to also wipe your slate clean of sins."

Mark 11:22, 24-25 msg

Faith grows when I embrace You.

Circumstances loom so large
jumping in my face
my sight is so limited
when I see only when is in front of me.

I was created for risk.
Safety comes from following You,
not shrinking back,
hiding in a box. 

"Bring it all to Me.
Every single, little bit."

Looking around 
I want so much to point fingers
to compare
to blame.

"Forgive them," You whisper.
"Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

I am not the judge.
Do I know what is deep inside?

Planks block my view.
Take my hand
let's go together
to the only One who can 
make things as they were meant to be. 


No comments: