Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Be what you were made to be





I was watching a show on TV the other night.

This show is a music show that showcases 5 different bands. There are 5 different stages all in one room and each band takes its turn playing, one after the other.

As I watched I realized something.

Each one of those groups are completely different from each other.

And each has a different sound, look, feel.

The bands that really stand out as you watch the show are the ones that fully embody the style they are. Their look, their sound, their moves. When they fully embrace who they are as a band and go full force in that direction, they are believable, enjoyable, unique.

And it reminded me of what God says about how He made each of us.

We've each been made to be different. To do different things, to meet different needs.

And yet to work together as we fully walk in the roles we have been given.

That's when we stand out. That is when we accomplish what we have been created to do. That is when we are fully who we have been made to be.

So since we find ourselves fashioned into all these excellently formed and marvelously functioning parts in Christ's body, let's just go ahead and be what we were made to be, without enviously or pridefully comparing ourselves with each other, or trying to be something we aren't.
 Romans 12:6 - The Message

1 comment:

Brenda @ Tie That Binds Us said...

So true. Take our family unit, for instance. I'm always trying to be in charge and take the reigns, leaving my husband in the dust. He is so good about gently reminding me to step aside and let him take care of us. He is responsible for us and our needs, and to give his life for us if needed.

That is a huge responsibility. I am so glad that his role is husband and mine is wife, helpmeet. When I fully embrace my role, I feel so secure.

Your post spoke to me on many different levels.