Saturday, December 19, 2009

Lessons That Need Repeating




I just read this blog post over at Like a Warm Cup of Coffee, I just had to comment. As I read her post, I found myself thinking, "I could have written this." So, I commented and linked back to my blog.

As I was nosing around through past posts I had written I stopped on this one from August. 

Boy, I sure needed to read that again.

I needed to be reminded that God is working within me. He gives me the desire and the power to do what He has called me to do.

This is a lesson that maybe someday I will have down.

I loved the comment from The Queen Mommy in Sarah Mae's post....

“…don’t let the enemy – the defeated one – get away with his lies of insignificance and worthlessness. God made you a mama – YOUR children’s mama – for a perfectly divine purpose.”

Satan is "the defeated one" and he spews lies into our minds full of insignificance and worthlessness because he has been made insignificant and worthless by my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

He has been defeated and I do not have to listen to him or believe him.

But I do need to work at believing what Jesus tells me is true.

"Christ is not weak in His dealings with you; He is a mighty power among you. Although He died on the cross in weakness, He now lives by the mighty power of God. We, too, are weak, but we live in Him and have God's power."  -- 2 Corinthians 13:3b-4

No comments: