Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Like a Life Giving Fountain






This morning a friend called me.

Just to say hi and to catch up on what's going on in my life.

As we talked, she made an observation about my life.

She affirmed me.

Just a few simple words.

But oh the difference they made.

Words are powerful things.

With them we can heal or we can harm.

We can build up or we can tear down.

I am thankful my friend used her words for good today.

I'm thankful she took the time to give me a call and to pour life into me today.

I have many little lives to pour into today.

May my words be life giving to them.

So encourage each other and build each other up,
just as you are already doing.

-- 1 Thessalonians 5:11 --


The words of the godly are a life-giving fountain.
-- Proverbs 10:11 --


Kind words are like honey  – sweet to the soul and
healthy for the body.

-- Proverbs 16:24 --


A wise woman builds her house; a foolish woman
tears hers down with her own hands.

-- Proverbs 14: 1 --


Some people make cutting remarks,
but the words of the wise bring healing.

-- Proverbs 12:18 --

No comments: