Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Vital Need



You have said, Seek My face 
[inquire for and require My presence as your vital need]. 
My heart says to You, 
Your face (Your presence), Lord, 
will I seek, inquire for, and require 
[of necessity and on the authority of Your Word].

Psalm 27:8 




Your Presence is my vital need.

How quickly I forget
and get distracted
or start thinking some
thing
is my vital need.

Inquire for --
ask.

Require --
need.

My heart knows
Who it needs. 

My heart cries out to You.

My mind takes a while to catch up.




[What, what would have become of me] 
had I not believed that I would see 
the Lord's goodness in the land of the living!

Wait and hope for and 
expect the Lord; 
be brave and of good courage 
and let your heart be stout and enduring. 
Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord.

Psalm 27:13-14




He is here.

Because He is here
and because I can expect Him
I can be brave
and courageous
my heart can be strong
and I can endure.

I will wait.

I will hope.

I will expect.

I will inquire.

I will require.

For He is my Vital Need.

No comments: