Friday, January 13, 2012

Choosing Joy



Always be joyful. 
Never stop praying. 
Be thankful in all circumstances,
 for this is God’s will for you 
who belong to Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18




Always joy?

Always pray?

Thankful always?

How is that possible?

Christ in me.

Pure and simple.

He alone is adequate
to face every situation. 
He is alive in me. 
My joy comes when I remember that.

As I rely on Him
and seek to be available to Him
I am talking to Him more.
Praying more.

He is enough.
That's where the thankfulness comes from.
Thankful that He is able.
I don't have to be.

Lord, please help me walk in this truth,
because this is where 
joy, prayer and thanksgiving come from - 
faith in You.


"God is limited only by the measure of our 
availability to all that He makes available
to us for in Him dwells 
all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; 
and you are complete in Him
(Colossians 2:9-10)."

-- The Indwelling Life of Christ
by Major W. Ian Thomas

No comments: