Thursday, March 3, 2011

Knowing and Remembering



"I love you for who you are, 
not for what you do. 
Many voices vie for control of your mind,
especially when you sit in silence. 
You must learn to discern what is My voice
and what is not.
Ask My Spirit to give you this discernment. 
Many of My children run around in circles
trying to obey the various voices directing their lives.
This results in fragmented, frustrated patterns of living.
Do not fall into this trap.
Walk closely with Me each moment, 
listening for My directives and 
enjoying My Companionship. 
Refuse to let other voices tie you up in knots.
My sheep know My voice and follow Me wherever I lead."

-- from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young




When he has brought out all his own, 
he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him 
because they know his voice. 
But they will never follow a stranger; 
in fact, they will run away from him because 
they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.”
John 10:4-5 niv 




"You may be going through a confusing time.
You may not know how God is going to use a situation in your life
or why certain things have happened to you.
But you can be encouraged and strengthened by 
recalling what you know about God
in the midst of uncertainties. In confusing times,
recounting what we do know refreshes us."

-- from David by Beth Moore



BLESSED BE the Lord, 
my Rock and my keen and firm Strength, 
Who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight--   
My Steadfast Love and my Fortress, 
my High Tower and my Deliverer, 
my Shield and He in Whom I trust and take refuge, 
Who subdues my people under me.

Psalm 144:1-2 amp 



1 comment:

none said...

Thank you for this encouragement and comfort as I sip my afternoon tea, enjoying these thoughts about hearing God's voice. :)