Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cooperating With God



As for God, 
His way is perfect; 
the word of the Lord is flawless.
He is a shield for all
who take refuge in Him.

Psalm 18:30 niv


God has been showing me a lot about
putting my focus on Him,
trusting Him,
and giving Him thanks. 

I want so much just to get it...
to be perfect at 
keeping my focus on Him
all the time.

I want to be able 
to just walk through my day
and see His presence
all over the place.

Because He is there.

But then I find myself 
in the midst of a 
very normal day.

You see, my kids 
haven't gotten with the program.
They're not cooperating with me.
They've not gotten the memo
that now that their Mom
is on this holy quest to be perfect,
they need to be perfect.

I mean, really, 
that would make my life
so much easier!

I blow it
ALL THE TIME.

I just am finding 
keeping my focus on Jesus is
so much harder than it sounds.

Wow, that can be discouraging. 

But, this is a journey, right? 

The Bible is full of illustrations of 
how long it can take to 
cultivate and grow 
spiritual fruit.

I'm really hoping that I 
don't have to go live in the 
wilderness for forty years.

Or even forty days.

I know that I am a child of God.
I know that He has put His Spirit in me.
I know that He has begun a good work in me,
and will carry it to completion. 
My hope and trust is in Him. 
I just need to be patient and cooperate.


"When God assures us of a promise,
He desires for us to respond by cooperating
in the fulfillment of that promise.
Sometimes that means battle;
at other times God directs us to sit and wait.
Wisdom involves learning to know the difference.
Whether God tells us to sit, stand, or move,
He calls us to respond with 
a spirit of cooperation."

Beth Moore in David


I have a choice
to fight Him or cooperate with Him.

I can choose to try to go it on my own
or take refuge in Him and
rely on His strength.




If the Lord delights in a man's way,
He makes his steps firm; 
though he stumble, he will not fall,
for the Lord upholds him with His hand.

Psalm 37:23-24 niv

1 comment:

Judy Herrema said...

How very true what you wrote is!
I have been struggling with these very things for months!
Thanks for your insight.
Moms