Friday, September 24, 2010

Enter Their World




Even though I am free of the demands 
and expectations of everyone, 
I have voluntarily become a servant to any and all 
in order to reach a wide range of people: 
religious, nonreligious, meticulous moralists, 
loose-living immoralists, the defeated, the demoralized—whoever. 
I didn't take on their way of life. I kept my bearings in Christ
but I entered their world and tried to experience things 
from their point of view

I've become just about every sort of servant 
there is in my attempts to lead those I meet into a God-saved life. 
I did all this because of the Message. 
I didn't just want to talk about it; I wanted to be in on it! 

1 Corinthians 9: 19-23 msg


You bring them into my life
in many different ways.

They need You.

You give me the opportunity 
to be used by You 
to show Yourself to them.

To walk alongside,
try on their shoes,
see what the world looks like 
through their eyes. 

Serve.

Bless.

Give.

Share the Water that gives Life.

Help me, Lord,
 to see them,
to know them,
to see as they see,
to show them You,
as I keep my eyes fixed on You.

Please give me a heart
that longs to share You with others!

Help me to see beyond myself,
my life, my wants, my comfort.

Help me to care enough
to see, to ask, to hug,
to walk along side and share Life
with those You bring into my life.

Help me to do more than just
write or talk or sing about
You and what You do and who You are.

Help me to serve.



"...fix your attention on God.
You'll be changed from the inside out.
Readily recognize what He wants from you,
and quickly respond to it."


from Romans 12:2 msg


No comments: