Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Entering Into a Large and Integrated Life



"What I want to talk about is the various ways 
God's Spirit gets worked into our lives. 
This is complex and often misunderstood,
but I want you to be informed and knowledgeable."

1 Corinthians 12:1 msg


"God wants us to use our intelligence,
to seek to understand as well as we can."

from 1 Corinthians 12:2 msg




You want us to get this!
Help us to understand,
guide us as we seek to know and be known.




"Each person is given something to do that shows who God is:
Everyone gets in on it, everyone benefits. 
All kinds of things are handed out by the Spirit,
and to all kinds of people!

1 Corinthians 12:7 msg




"By means of His one Spirit, we all said good-bye to our 
partial and piecemeal lives. We each used to 
independently call our own shots, but
then we entered into a large and integrated live 
in which He has the final say in everything."

1 Corinthians 12:12 msg




"...we see that God has carefully placed each 
part of the body right where He wanted it."

1 Corinthians 12:19 msg




"You are Christ's body — that's who you are!
You must never forget this. 
Only as you accept your part of that body
does your "part" mean anything."

1 Corinthians 12:27 msg



As we learn more about who You made us to be
we begin to see how we fit in
how we can live and move and breathe 
in this wonderful body that You have created. 

Thank you for making me a part,
giving me a role,
an important job that contributes 
to the function and health and growth 
of Your Body. 

I as I let go of my independent, self-directed and small life,
I enter in to the large, integrated and full life of Your Body.

Help me to live out the function You intended me to
and help me to help others discover who You 
made them to be and their role in Your Body.

No comments: