Monday, September 27, 2010

Choosing Him and His Way



"We must be on guard so that we never get caught
up in wanting our own way as they did."

1 Corinthians 10:6 msg


"We must never try to get Christ to serve us
instead of us serving Him; they tried it,
and God launched an epidemic of poisonous snakes.
We must be careful not to stir up discontent;
discontent destroyed them."

1 Corinthians 10:9-10 msg


Demanding my way is deadly.

It seems so right
at the time.

It looks so good,
it would bring such comfort....

Right?

Discontent drives me
for more, better, different,
things that I cannot have,
things that I should not have.

Discontent colors all that I see,
souring what is good,
poisoning what is healthy,
discarding what has been given,
insisting on what has not.

Discontent destroys.




"Forget about self confidence; it's useless. 
Cultivate God-confidence."

1 Corinthians 10:12 msg


You are my strength,
my foundation,
my strong tower.

I can do all things through You.

I see through a darkened glass,
You know all, You see the whole picture. 


Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
   don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, 
everywhere you go;
   he's the one who will keep you on track.
Don't assume that you know it all.
   Run to God!
Proverbs 3:5-7 msg



 

Because there is one loaf, 
our many-ness becomes one-ness —
Christ doesn't become fragmented in us.
Rather we become unified in Him. 
We don't reduce Christ to what we are;
He raises us to what He is.

1 Corinthians 10:17 msg


But the point is not to just get by. 
We want to live well,
but our foremost efforts should be
to help others live well.

1 Corinthians 10:24 msg


You unify.
You bring together many parts into One.
We do not break You down,
You bring us up to so much more.

In being who You made me to be,
help me to lift others up,
to shine Your light,
to lift others up,
and help them be all that 
You made them to be.

In You we find the source 
of all we will ever need.

No comments: