Friday, April 1, 2011

Life on the Cluttered Plane



"I am calling you to a life of constant 
communion with Me. 
Basic training includes learning 
to live about your circumstances, 
even while interacting on that
cluttered plane of life.
You yearn for a simplified lifestyle,
so that your communication with Me
can be uninterrupted.
But I challenge you to 
relinquish the fantasy
of an uncluttered world.
Accept each day just as it comes,
and find Me in the midst of it all.
 
from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young






I can get so distracted 
by the clutter
and chaos
that fills my days.

I can easily blame 
the circumstances for 
the distance 
that I allow to come 
between us.

I long for 

quiet,

room,

space,

calm.

 I think that there 
and only there can I find

peace,

rest,

You.

But You are here.

Always.

In the midst.
Communion with You
is possible.
How much do I seek it?




Then you will call upon Me, 
and you will come and pray to Me, 
and I will hear and heed you.
Then you will seek Me, inquire for, 
and require Me [as a vital necessity] 
and find Me when 
you search for Me with all your heart.
I will be found by you, says the Lord.

Jeremiah 29:12-14a amp

1 comment:

none said...

True!! While "sanctuary times" can be refreshing, God is with us always...and life can't always be neat & peaceful. The challenge is to find God in the midst of all the chaos.