Thursday, April 21, 2011

He Never....



God's mercies are truly new every morning! 
I am praising and thanking Him today for that truth! 

I am so thankful that He NEVER changes, 
He NEVER fails, 
He NEVER leaves us nor forsakes us. 
He NEVER gets bored with us, 
He NEVER turns His back on us. 
He keeps no records of our wrongs. 
He ALWAYS loves us.

I had been feeling so dull and dry again. 
It covered every part of my life. 
Nothing bad or unusual was happening. 
But I was just feeling blah. 
My times with the Lord were fine, 
but that's just it...
they were FINE, 
not refreshing, full, overflowing, 
exciting, convicting, renewing... 
just Fine.

This morning, for some reason, the veil was lifted again.

I felt the connection.

I felt Him.

His love surrounded me and came trickling out of my eyes.

Joy bounced in my chest as I felt again.

My desire for the Lord had returned.

The mind governed by the flesh is death, 
but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.  

Romans 8:6 niv




This is from my reading in Jesus Calling this morning:
 
"Let Me control your mind. 
The mind is the most restless, unruly part of mankind. 
Long after you have learned the discipline 
of holding your tongue, your thoughts defy your will 
and set themselves up against Me. 
Man is the pinnacle of My creation, 
and the human mind is wondrously complex. 
I risked all by granting you freedom to think for yourself. 
This is god-like privilege, 
forever setting you apart from animals and robots. 
I made you in My image, precariously close to deity."

"Though My blood has fully redeemed you, 
your mind is the last bastion of rebellion. 
Open yourself to My radiant Presence, 
letting My Light permeate your thinking. 
When My Spirit is controlling your mind, 
you are filled with Life and Peace."



 
I am so thankful that even when I am not "feeling it", 
when I am dry and just existing,
He is still with me.

He doesn't leave.

He still holds my future,

and He still holds my life in His hands.


No comments: