Tuesday, January 4, 2011

This is NOT a New Year's Blog Post



(The photo above doesn't really have anything to do with this post, I just think this sign is really funny. 
And, by the way, it is a very real sign, right by John's Pass.)

I just wanted to drop by and say "Hi!"
 And let you know that I haven't dropped off the face of the earth. 
I just don't have much to say.
Honestly, I'm not reading many other people's blogs
right now, either, although I am skimming through 
blogs with lots of pretty pictures to look at. 

That is about all I feel like doing right now.

So in this time of year when everyone is talking about
the new year, new things, new this, new that
I don't have anything to contribute, really. 



As the excitement and noise of the recent holiday
fades away and the rhythms of life 
return to a more sustainable pace, 
I am taking deep breaths,
and finding pockets of quiet 
to renew and refresh — 
to find the path I am to follow
as the Lord shows me the next step to take. 



This is what the Sovereign Lord,
      the Holy One of Israel, says:
   “Only in returning to me
      and resting in me will you be saved.
   In quietness and confidence is your strength.

So the Lord must wait for you to come to him
      so he can show you his love and compassion.
   For the Lord is a faithful God.
      Blessed are those who wait for his help.

Isaiah 30:15, 18 nlt


No comments: