Monday, February 8, 2010

Prayer from Colossians 1



Be assured that from the first day we heard of you, 
we haven't stopped praying for you, 
asking God to give you wise minds and spirits 
attuned to his will, and so acquire a thorough understanding 
of the ways in which God works. 




We pray that you'll live well for the Master, 
making him proud of you as you work hard 
in his orchard. As you learn more and more
how God works, you will learn how to do your work.




We pray that you'll have the strength
to stick it out over the long haul—
not the grim strength of gritting your teeth
but the glory-strength God gives.
It is strength that endures the unendurable
and spills over into joy, thanking the Father
who makes us strong enough to take part
in everything bright and beautiful that he has for us.

~ Colossians 1:9-12 ~ 


 


I haven't been super faithful about praying for my kids. But as I read this today I realized that I wanted these verses to be true for them. I want them to be true for me and my husband, and for you too!

Wise minds and spirits attuned to His will.

A thorough understanding of the ways God works.

Working hard at God's work, watching Him closely, following His example.

Full of the glory-strength that only He can give. 

Spilling over with joy and thanksgiving.

Strong enough to take part in everything bright and beautiful He has for us.

Once again I see that it is all about Him. He is our Source, He is our Example, He is the Creator and the Planner and the One who gives Purpose and Wisdom and Understanding. 

He provides the work and the strength to do it. He fills us with joy as we follow Him doing the work He has prepared for us to do. 

Oh Holy Spirit work God's love into my life, into my kids' lives, and my huband's life. Continue to draw us always back to You. Be first and foremost in our minds and our hearts. Open our eyes to see You all around us. Help us to be God revealers to all we come in contact with. Thank You for being our All-in-All.

No comments: