Thursday, September 8, 2011

Filling my Vessel of Earth with Light




For God Who said, Let light shine out of darkness, 
has shone in our hearts so as [to beam forth] 
the Light for the illumination of the knowledge 
of the majesty and glory of God 
[as it is manifest in the Person and is revealed] 
in the face of Jesus Christ (the Messiah). 

However, we possess this precious treasure 
[the divine Light of the Gospel] 
in [frail, human] vessels of earth, 
that the grandeur and exceeding greatness 
of the power may be shown to be from God 
and not from ourselves.

2 Corinthians 4:6-7 amp




It comes so slowly,
the realization that dullness has come.

How dry life has become,
void of the crackle of life,
so heavy, and hard.

Looking down,
focusing on the vessel of earth,
dims the Light.

All I can see is the cracks,
the powdery residue drifting all around.

Where is hope?

I'm just a clay pot.
And a broken one at that.

And all around me are broken jars,
bumping into me,
bruising and jostling.




The hunger for Light is there.

I know where the Source is. 
I just have to lift my eyes. 


Why are you down in the dumps, dear soul? 
Why are you crying the blues? 
Fix my eyes on God— 
soon I'll be praising again. 
He puts a smile on my face. 
He's my God.

Psalm 42:5 msg


I may be a broken jar,
a vessel of earth.
But I am filled with the fullness of Life and Light.

Looking up, He floods my face 
with the Light of His Glory and Grace. 

Filled.

Life abundant.


For our light, momentary affliction 
(this slight distress of the passing hour)
 is ever more and more abundantly 
preparing and producing and achieving 
for us an everlasting weight of glory 
[beyond all measure, excessively surpassing all 
comparisons and all calculations, 
a vast and transcendent glory 
and blessedness never to cease!],

Since we consider and look 
not to the things that are seen 
but to the things that are unseen; 
for the things that are visible are temporal 
(brief and fleeting), 
but the things that are invisible 
are deathless and everlasting.

2 Corinthians 4:17-18 amp


My brokenness is temporal.

He is Eternal, Deathless and Everlasting.

Oh downcast soul, 
look up!

He will fill with Light.
He lifts us up. 

Fix your eyes on Him.


No comments: