Friday, August 12, 2011

Getting to Where I'm Going



"In the same way I was with Moses, I'll be with you.
 I won't give up on you; I won't leave you. 
Strength! Courage! 
You are going to lead this people to inherit the land 
that I promised to give their ancestors. 
Give it everything you have, heart and soul. 
Make sure you carry out The Revelation 
that Moses commanded you, every bit of it. 
Don't get off track, either left or right, 
so as to make sure you get to where you're going.
 And don't for a minute let this Book 
of The Revelation be out of mind. 
Ponder and meditate on it day and night, 
making sure you practice everything written in it. 
Then you'll get where you're going; 
then you'll succeed. 
Haven't I commanded you? Strength! Courage! 
Don't be timid; don't get discouraged. 
God, your God, is with you every step you take." 

-- Joshua 1:3-9 MSG




God is with me! 
He is not ever going to leave or turn His back on me, 
and He's not going to give up on me.

But how many times do I give up on Him? 
How quickly to I turn and give up? 

He guarantees my success, 
promises to be with me always and gives me His Word 
to guide me and show me how to live. 
But I have even more! 
I have the Holy Spirit to lead and counsel and guide me, 
and to pray words for me when I have none. 

I have a part in this too.
 I have to follow and give it all that I got 
and stay in HIs Word and fill my mind and heart 
with all that His Word says. 
But most important, I have to do what His Word says. 
Then I will "get to where I am going. Then I will succeed."

As I read back over the verses in Joshua again,
these words jumped out at me:
"You are going to lead this people to inherit the land 
that I promised to give their ancestors. 
Give it everything you have, heart and soul. "
As a mom, I have a "people" that I am leading. 
At times I feel like we are out in the wilderness,
and the way can get so rocky and scary. 
And I can lose heart. 
I can become half-hearted and lazy. 
But as I read these words today, 
I felt like the Lord was speaking directly to me
and specifically about my mothering. 
"Give it everything you have, heart and soul!"
"Don't be afraid or discouraged! I am with you!"
"I have given you everything you need to succeed,
you just need to fill up with my Word and do what it says."




Father, Thank You for always being with me. 
Only then can I be strong and courageous. 
Thank you for giving me all that I need to succeed. 
I have Your presence, Your Word and Your Holy Spirit. 
And as it says in 1 Corinthians, I have every spiritual gift that I need 
and You will keep me strong to the end. 
Forgive me for the many times that I have turned away, 
that I have not trusted in You, 
that I have been full of fear and empty of Your Word. 
Help me today to choose to stick close to You. 
Thank you for showing me my half-heartedness, please forgive me.
Thank you that You have given me all I need to lead my flock.
Please help me to give it all I have as I fill up on Your Word 
and as I trust in You.

No comments: