Friday, May 23, 2014

Wrapped in Light

There is a sure way for us to know that we belong to the truth. 
Even though our inner thoughts may condemn us with storms of guilt 
and constant reminders of our failures, 
we can know in our hearts that in His presence 
God Himself is greater than any accusation. 
He knows all things. 
My loved ones, if our hearts cannot condemn us, 
then we can stand with confidence before God.
-- 1 John 3:19-21 VOICE

My thoughts fill my head
Blocking my way
Mists of words swirl
I am blinded 
Feeling lost and alone

You, Lord, You are Light
You hear my heart's cry
You, God of the angel armies 
Wrapped in a cloak of Light
There is no darkness in You
None!

You take my hand
You show me the steps to take
As I walk in Your Light
I draw close to You
Close to those around me

Bless the Lord,  O my soul! 
He holds my hand
He calls my name 
He gently leads me in the way I should go
Bless the Lord, O my soul!



"I am the light that shines through the cosmos; 

if you walk with Me, 

you will thrive in the nourishing light that gives life 
and will not know darkness." 
-- John 8:12 VOICE

The Lord wraps himself in light as with a garment. 

-- Psalm 104:2 NIV


God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 

-- 1 John 1:5 NIV

I will take you by the hand and keep you safe.

-- Isaiah 42:6 VOICE

No comments: