Thursday, May 26, 2011

Light Breaks Through



I have told you these things, so that in Me 
you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. 
In the world you have tribulation and trials 
and distress and frustration; 
but be of good cheer 
[take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! 
For I have overcome the world. 
[I have deprived it of power to harm you 
and have conquered it for you.]. 

John 16:33 amp




Jesus paid it all!
All to Him I owe.
Sin had left its crimson stain —
He washed it white as snow.




My vision can be so clouded so often.

So much gets in the way 
so that I can't see You. 

Within, without,
lies, cares, worries, things
block my view
weigh me down
keep me from 
truth
peace
joy
freedom.

I keep forgetting to look.

My gaze rests everywhere
but on You.

I forget You are there.

I think I have to do this
on my own.

Once again I remember.

I lift my eyes.

Light breaks through.



1 comment:

none said...

Beautiful photo and words!
It's so easy to forget God, to get lost in everyday busyness and forget to look around us and thank him.
But when we do, we feel our blessings.