Thursday, March 25, 2010

Overflow


"For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks."
--
Matthew 12:34b NIV


"You have minds like a snake pit! 
How do you suppose what you say is worth 
anything when you are so foul-minded?
It's your heart, not the dictionary, 
that gives meaning to your words.
A good person produces good deeds 
and words season after season.
An evil person is a blight on the orchard. 
Let me tell you something:
Every one of these careless words 
is going to come back to haunt you.
There will be a time of Reckoning. 
Words are powerful; take them seriously.
Words can be your salvation. 
Words can also be your damnation." 
--
Matthew 12:33-37 MSG


 My words prove what is in my heart.

They are powerful.

Words have the power of life and death.

There are days that I wish that I would have just kept my mouth shut.

My words were toxic.

Shriveling the little lives in my care.

Haunting my mind later I wish that I could 
shove them back down my throat.

Recycled thoughts and words that come from the old me.

They cannot give life.

They do not thrive and produce healthy, plump fruit.

Fresh and running clean, I go to the Source.

Living Water flows down, cooling and saturating.




He cried out, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink.
Rivers of living water will brim and spill out
of the depths of anyone who believes in me this way,
just as the Scripture says."
--
John 7:37-38 MSG


"Live in me. Make your home in me just as I do in you.
In the same way that a branch can't bear grapes by itself
but only by being joined to the vine,
you can't bear fruit unless you are joined with me."
--
John 15:4 MSG


Separate, independent, I smother and destroy.

Attached, dependent, the sap of Your life pumps and flows.

I come. 

I drink deep.

Overflow, yes, overflow!

No comments: