Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Come and Live





I've been going through the motions, again.

Do you ever do that?

Do what you know you should do....

But you just don't feel it.

I've been doing that.

When this happens I never see it coming, but life just takes on an Eeyore shade of grey. It all stays right in the middle, no big highs, no big lows. Just blah.

For a while.

But it doesn't stay there. It starts to go down. More and more negative thoughts creep in. Grey starts turning charcoal.

Thankfully, out of nowhere, light breaks through a crack in the dullness. A word, a song, someone's thoughts in a blog post.



Like a refreshing drink of water, Light returns and restores my mind, my heart, my soul.

Restores my sight.

Things that once seemed unchangeable, heavy, too big, are now full of new possibilities.

My heart has heard You say, "Come and talk with Me," and my heart responds, "Lord, I am coming!" Psalm 27:8

You call me to come. You whisper truth to my heart. Thank you, Lord.

"Have you lost your senses? After starting your Christian lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?" Galatians 3:3

Is that why everything was turning sour? Becoming too hard? Feeling like chains around my wrists?

"....live according to your new life in the Holy Spirit." Galatians 5:16


I am not meant to do this on my own, in my own strength. None of it.

My job is to depend, serve and equip. -- Jeff VanVonderen

"I live by the power of the living Father who sent me; in the same way, those who partake of me will live because of me." John 6:57

1 comment:

Linda Worden said...

You are so right!!! God breaks through with such creative genius and we are once again reminded of His deep love and care. He's continually at work even when it begins to feel like He's taken a "Break" from our heart cries! Thanks for sharing.